Read this article in Spanish here.
Under the motto, “Education is the key,” ROOSTERGNN is publishing a Special Series dedicated exclusively to one of the most important topics defining our society of today: Education. Follow the complete series here.
The Special Series will include opinion articles by, and interviews with, experts, academics, professors, librarians, and more. From Brazil to Israel to Korea, the Special Series will cover a critical look at educational systems worldwide, asking the questions: what is the current state of education? And what can be done to improve it?
ROOSTERGNN cordially invites you to keep checking back here to view the newest additions to the Special Series. All articles will be available in English and Spanish.
- “Asia Sets Stakes on Science“ by Dr. Javier Gil, Professor at the Instituto Universitario General Gutiérrez Mellado and the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas-ICADE (Spain).
- “It’s Time to Start Again” by Richard Gerver, former award winning school principal, now regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on leadership, change and education (U.K.).
- “The Fine Line Between Hyper-Formation and Qualification.” Exclusive ROOSTERGNN interview with Juan Gimeno, Director of the UNED in Madrid (Spain).
- “Education in South Corea: The Failure of Success?” by Xavier Boltaina, Doctor of Law, Specialist in Intelligence Services (Instituto Universitario General Gutiérrez Mellado; Spain).
- “What to Do With(out) Education in Brazil?” by Henrique Raskin, Master’s degree student in the political science program at Columbia University in New York. Graduate of the Escola de Propaganda do Museu de Arte de São Paulo (ESPM; Brazil).
- “Chilean Universities and their Research Challenges“ by Isabel Mallat, Chilean journalist with more than 20 years professional experience. Master’s Degree in Political Science and Public Administration (Chile).
- “The cutbacks hurt” by Yeyei Gómez. Illustrator. Previously exhibited in Madrid and San Francisco (Spain, U.S.A).
- “Journalism Education: A New Deal for Russia and China, too” by Prof. Buck Ryan, Director of the Citizen Kentucky Project of the Scripps Howard First Amendment Center at the University of Kentucky (U.S.A.).
- “Communication skills for educators” by Janaina Oliveira, Doctor in Applied Linguistics and Adjunct Professor at the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Spain).
- “Education in Israel: A Story of Success with Nuances” by Xavier Boltaina, Doctor of Law, Specialist in Intelligence Services (Instituto Universitario General Gutiérrez Mellado; Spain).
- “Balancing the Missions of Universities in the Millenium” by Mª Paz Kindelán, Professor of Applied Linguistics at the Universidad Politécnica in Madrid (Spain).
- “Fostering Information Fluency: The Changing Role of the Academic Library” by Jamie Bloss. Ms. Bloss teaches information fluency courses online for Kent State University’s School of Library and Information Science (U.S.A.)
- “Homeschooling, a way of respecting intercultural diversity” by Irene María Briones Martínez, Professor at the Universidad Complutense in Madrid (Spain).
- “Fantastic Academies”. Exclusive ROOSTERGNN photos showcasing the effects of the economic crisis on education (Spain).